Escape at Home with Ethical Bean Contest
Official Contest Rules
1) WELCOME: The Escape at Home with Ethical Bean Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC, 95 Moatfield Drive, Toronto, ON M3B 3L6 (the “Sponsor”).
2) CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins July 8, 2021 at 11:59 am ET and ends August 19, 2021 at 11:59 am ET (“Contest Period”).
3) ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory of which they reside as of their date of entry in the Contest Period (“Entrant” or “Entrants”).
The Contest is not open to:
employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”); and
the immediate family members (regardless of where they live) of a person excluded under (a) or anyone domiciled with a person excluded under (a) (whether related to that person or not). For the purposes of these Official Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes husband, wife, spouse, partner, mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, and/or daughters.
4) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in the Contest, an Entrant must visit the Contest website at escapewithethicalbean.ca (the “Website”) and follow the instructions provided to complete and submit a Contest registration form, which will require the Entrant to provide the following information: name, email address, mailing address, phone number and date of birth in addition to accepting the Official Contest Rules of this Contest. If Entrant is a new visitor to the Website, Entrant must first register on the Website by completing all of the required information including providing Entrant’s name, email address, and mailing address.
Once the steps above are completed, the Entrant will have entered into the Contest (each Contest registration form completed on the Website being each one (1) “Entry,” or several “Entries”).
If submitting/uploading Entry via a mobile device, standard data rates may apply. Entrants should check their service carrier plan for more information regarding rates and fees. Use (or attempted use) of any automated macro, script, robotic, or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is considered grounds for disqualification from this Contest.
5) ENTRY LIMITS: One (1) Entry per person on the Website.
6) HOW TO WIN: Three (3) Entries will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period (“Potential Winner”). Potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor (or Sponsor’s agent), via the email used to submit the Entry on the Website on [August 20, 2021].
In order to be declared a winner (a “Winner” or “Winners”), the selected Potential Winner of the Prize must, within three (3) business days of being notified by the Sponsor: (a) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid; and (b) sign and return a Declaration and Release (“Declaration”) provided by the Sponsor that includes, but is not limited to, (i) acknowledgement of compliance with the Official Contest Rules; (ii) release of the Releasees from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the awarding or use/misuse of the Prize; and (iii) acceptance of the Prize as awarded. After a Potential Winner successfully answers the skill-testing question and returns the completed Declaration, the Sponsor shall inform the Potential Winner by the email or phone number provided in their Entry that he/she is a winner of the Prize (“Prize Winner”).
If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted within three (3) business days of August 20, 2021, fails to answer or incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, fails to return the Declaration within the specified time, or is found to be ineligible for any reason, at Sponsor’s discretion, another Entrant may be selected by random draw in the manner described above, and at a time and place to be determined by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select another Entrant should a selected Entrant fail to do the aforementioned, or if the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, finds the Entrant to be ineligible for any reason.
Delivery of Prize is expected to occur [September 20th, 2021].
8) ODDS: The odds of winning the Prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries submitted during the Contest Period.
9) PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There are three (3) prizes available to be won consisting of three (3) cash prizes each in the amount of five thousand dollars ($5,000) (each one “Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $5,000 CAD and total ARV is $15,000 CAD. The Winner must use the Prize to renovate and / or make changes to their backyard or home.
10) PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize is restricted to one (1) per person.
11) PRIZE SUBSTITUTION: Unless otherwise mentioned in these Official Contest Rules, the prize available in this Contest is, from now on, referred to as the “Prize”, and the respective winner is referred to as “Winner”. The Prize available in this Contest must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions or transfers of Prize by Winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, in the event that a Prize or any component of any Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute and/or modify the Prize or component with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value, without liability.
The Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
12) ENTRY CONDITIONS AND VERIFICATION: All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Contest in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
Any attempt by any Entrant to participate or submit an Entry in any method, or who has entered or participated in any method, not sanctioned by the Official Contest Rules will void that individual’s Entry and eligibility to win a Prize and that individual will be disqualified from the Contest, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
All Entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Official Contest Rules may be disqualified by the Sponsor. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Your Entry will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, damaged, stolen, incomplete or incompatible Entries.
13) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering Contest, Entrants accept and agree to these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. Releasees (as defined below) are not responsible for lost or late Entries, or the Declaration, or for any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, failure of the Contest Website, administration of the Contest, or announcement of any Prize, or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules.
The Sponsor extends absolutely no representations or warranties in respect of a Prize and accept no liability arising in respect of such Prize or in the use thereof.
14) RELEASES WAIVERS, AND DISCLAIMERS: Unless otherwise required by applicable law, the Entrant agrees to the following releases, waivers and disclaimers:
CONTEST RELEASE: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to forever release, discharge and hold harmless, Sponsor, Promotion Parties, their affiliates, subsidiaries, their advertising and promotional agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, assigns and agents, parent and related companies, licensors, licensees (the “Releasees”), from and against any and all damages, claims, injuries, death, loss and/or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, whether directly or indirectly, by the entering and participation in the Contest.
PRIZE RELEASE: If an Entrant wins a Prize and accepts the Prize, such acceptance shall mean full satisfaction of the entitlement as an Entrant and Winner in the Contest and the Entrant fully discharges and forever releases the Releasees, of and from any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, actions or causes of action whatsoever, whether known or unknown, whether at law or in equity which they or their heirs, executors, administrators, successors or assigns may now or hereafter have against any of the Releasees in connection with the use, misuse or otherwise of the Prize.
Entrant also acknowledges, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, that the Releasees will not be responsible for any injury, accident, death or dismemberment, or any other loss, damage or expense in connection with the use of the Prize. Refusal to accept a Prize releases the Releasees of all responsibility and obligations toward the Entrant of such Prize.
In no event shall Sponsor be held to award more Prizes than the number set-out in these Official Contest Rules or to award Prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
15) RIGHTS OF SPONSOR: If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of the Contest, or for any other reason, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”), to modify, cancel, or suspend this Contest without prior notice or obligation.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or other component, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters the Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these Official Contest Rules or which would be unfair to other Entrants or where Contest Entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means, including the supply of untruthful, inaccurate, or misleading details and/or information. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified, or altered are void. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a Potential Prize Winner, Entries will be declared by the name associated with the e-mail used to submit the Entry and verified in accordance with Rule 12.
All federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. This Contest and the Official Contest Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario.
17) PUBLICITY:The Sponsor respects the Entrants’ right to privacy. Personal information collected from Entrants (including but not limited to names, age, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses) will only be used for the purpose of administering this Contest and conducting publicity about this Contest. By entering this Contest, Entrants consent to Sponsors’ collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information for these purposes. For a copy of Ethical Bean’s Privacy Promise, please call 1-800-567-KRAFT or visit https://www.ethicalbean.com/privacy-notice
18) PRIVACY: The Sponsor respects the Entrants’ right to privacy. Personal information collected from Entrants (including but not limited to names, age, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses) will only be used for the purpose of administering this Contest and conducting publicity about this Contest. By entering this Contest, Entrants consent to Sponsors’ collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information for these purposes. For a copy of Ethical Bean’s Privacy Promise, please call 1-800-567-KRAFT or visit https://www.ethicalbean.com/privacy-notice
19) TAX: All federal, provincial/territorial, local, and other taxes on a Prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
20) FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS ONLY:Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of the Contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of these Official Rules or any contest materials, the English version shall prevail and govern.
21) OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES: These Official Contest Rules are available on https://escapewithethicalbean.ca/terms